- II. You Must be 21 Years or Older to Use Our Site
If you are younger than 21, please exit our Site immediately. We do not sell alcohol to persons under 21. By continuing, you confirm that you are 21 or older. You are responsible for complying with applicable laws and ensuring that your access to our Site is legal in your country of residence.
- III. Privacy Practices
- IV. Other Applicable Terms
Where available, the purchase of alcohol or other products from our Site is also governed by the other terms disclosed on this Site such as: Wine Club Terms, Shipping Terms and any other applicable terms posted to this Site.
- V. Membership Account Information
Where applicable, you may need to register as a wine club member to access certain portions of our Site, and you may be required to be logged in to your account and have a valid payment method associated with it on file. To register, you must provide us with current, complete, and accurate information as prompted by the registration form and you will need to choose a user name and password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and for all activity under your username and password. You may not use anyone else’s username or password or permit others to use yours. You must notify us immediately of any suspected unauthorized use of your account or any inaccuracy in your registration information. We reserve the right to terminate membership or accounts, refuse service, or cancel orders in our sole discretion and without liability.
- VI. Site Content is Protected by U.S. and International Laws
- VII. User Comments and Other Submissions
- VIII. Intellectual Property Complaints
- o Signature of person authorized to act on behalf of copyright owner;
- o Description of copyrighted work;
- o Description of where the infringing material is located on our Site;
- o Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- o Statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law; and
- o Statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If you believe that your intellectual property has been copied and/or provided to us in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the information specified below, in writing. Please do not use this procedure for any other purpose. Include the following information:
If the content was removed under the take-down procedures of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), you may be able to file a DMCA counter-notification. In these cases, you'll receive further instructions about this process in the notification you receive from Gallo.
Our designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is:
E & J. Gallo Winery
600 Yosemite Blvd.
Modesto, CA 95354
- IX. Electronic Communications
When you visit our Site or send e-mails or other communications from your desktop or mobile device, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that those communications be in writing.
- X. Social Media Rules
- o Respect Others. Do not post any content that is derogatory, disparaging, promotes bigotry, is abusive or threatening, vulgar or obscene. Follow the golden rule – treat members of our community fairly and with respect. Nudity and sexually explicit content is not allowed.
- o Follow the Law. Illegal activity or discussions encouraging illegal activity will not be tolerated.
- o Don’t Infringe. Do not use it unless you have the right to – this means, don’t post photos, images, logos, songs, text or other content that you don’t own or have the right to use.
- o Respect Privacy. Do not post or solicit anyone’s name, phone number, address, email address or other personal information. Don’t spam or transmit junk mail.
- o 21+ Only. Do not post photos of, or otherwise feature or reference, any individual under the age of 21.
We enjoy engaging with our customers via our Social Media Sites, but you must adhere to the below rules whenever you post on our Social Media Sites. You must be 21 or over to visit or post on our Social Media Sites and any communications regarding our products must not encourage or depict excessive consumption, underage drinking or misuse of our alcohol products. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove any posts or content for any reason, including those that violate the below rules or that we deem offensive, inappropriate or unacceptable in our sole discretion, but we do not regularly review posted content. We take no responsibility for any content posted by you or any third party.
- XI. Disclaimers, Limitation of Liability, and Indemnification
Our Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for those websites, their content or any goods or services available on those websites. Inclusion of any linked website on our site does not imply approval or endorsement by us. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
While we are committed to safeguarding your privacy online, we cannot guarantee and make no representations that communications will be absolutely secure. By submitting your personal information to us, you acknowledge that there is no guarantee of security and that we have no liability for any interception or unauthorized access.
OUR SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOUR USE OF OUR SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GALLO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. GALLO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT OUR SITE OR ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS. ALTHOUGH GALLO ENDEAVORS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE PRODUCT INFORMATION, IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF INFORMATION ON OUR SITE. NEITHER GALLO NOR ITS VENDORS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, DEATH, OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER, WHETHER OR NOT IT KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OUR SITE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF OUR PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES. IF THE ABOVE WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE FOR ANY REASON HELD UNENFORCEABLE OR INAPPLICABLE, YOU AGREE THAT OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or liabilities, in which case the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- XII. Disputes
Please contact our Consumer Engagement team with any concerns by utilizing the Contact page on this Site. Any disputes and claims between us that cannot be resolved by our Consumer Engagement team will be resolved in accordance with this dispute resolution provision.
Any dispute or claim related in any way to your use of or otherwise arising out of our Site, including any products purchased through our Site or your participation in any promotional activities, will be resolved by binding arbitration rather than in court, except as specified below.Claims for public injunctive relief (as defined by law) are not subject to this mandatory binding arbitration provision. Similarly, in lieu of arbitration, you may assert claims in small claims court having jurisdiction if your claims qualify.
There is no judge or jury in arbitration and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages).
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”). The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. Gallo will reimburse those fees for claims demanding less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Gallo will not seek attorneys' fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Unless we agree otherwise, the arbitration hearing will take place in the county of your billing address.
- XIII. Governing Law and General
- XIV. Additional Assistance